R&D Packaging Engineer
- As Packaging Engineer you manage the development of new packaging components from design to industrialization. This for Household products.
- You are responsible for technical approval, specification & data management for all packaging components.
- You have expertise in packaging materials and components.
- You manage packaging projects.
Your main tasks are:
- Development of new packaging components from design to industrialization, taking into account the safety of the final consumer.
- Ensure that project stakeholders are informed of progress and approve proposals, throughout the design and development of new packaging and printed components.
- Maintain up to date and accurate specifications for all new packaging components, including relevant associated paperwork and SAP activities.
- Support the design of new blow moulding tooling through design and technical drawing development, through relevant blow moulding trial evaluation and final bottle approval.
- Determine optimized pallet stacking patterns, maximizing pallet utilisation, while maintaining a stable pallet configuration.
- Ownership for coordination of relevant production trials for new component introduction within the plant, offering expertise to resolve issues.
- Provide new packaging component samples upon request by relevant stakeholders.
- Propose and deliver solutions related to packaging components to resolve production, quality, non-conformity related issues.
- Support the minimisation of cost and complexity of packaging components by proposing solutions from the current portfolio and challenging new componentry requests.
- Manage and support offer briefings to be able to deliver the right packaging for each request.
- Packaging development experience or degree in a packaging or design related subject
- Experience in a similar role within a FMCG environment
- Language knowledge: French and English
- Competent packaging development skills and subject expertise
- Competent MS Office user and SAP user
- Knowledge of 3D drawing (3D Solidworks), Pallet pattern drawing (Cape) is an asset.
Role specific competences
- Ownership, good project management skills, solution-oriented.
- Ability to challenge, negotiate with and influence technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Commercially aware.
- You apply the McBride principles within your job: Teamwork, Engagement, Communication, Leadership.
- McBride offers you an interesting and challenging job, with opportunity for self-development, in a dynamic team.
Solliciteer voor deze vacature